The practice of yoga supports physical, mental, and spiritual development; it is also helps to lose weight. Many experts agree that yoga works in many ways to bring a healthy weight. A study shows that people who can develop mindfulness through yoga practice can be able to resist unhealthy foods and comfort eating. They become more in tune with their body and can know when they are full, this can help to prevent eating disorders.
Yoga is beneficial for people who are struggling to lose weight in other ways as well. There is no significant effect on weight loss directly, but it is thought that weight loss is associated with longer periods of mindfulness training.
It is advised not to practice yoga on a full stomach, and to make healthy eating choices before doing yoga. Cravings for fresh, unprocessed foods will take place after a yoga session. It helps to learn to chew each bite more thoroughly and eat more slowly, which can lead to less consumption.
Intense styles of yoga help to burn the most calories. This may help prevent weight gain. Physical types of yoga include ashtanga, vinyasa, and power yoga. Practicing yoga may also help to develop muscle tone and improve metabolism.
Restorative yoga is not especially physical type of yoga, but it still helps in weight loss. It is effective in helping overweight people to lose weight, including abdominal fat. Yoga is also a promising way to help with behavioral change, maintenance by burning calories, heightening mindfulness, and reducing stress. These factors may help to reduce food intake and become aware of the effects of overeating.
- Yoga works on physical, emotional and mental aspects of obesity
- Regular practice of Yoga and controlled life style reduces obesity
- Yoga makes human being agile, efficient and slim
- Yoga can be done by people of any age group
- It can help to achieve control over mind and behavior (one can easily control food habits and change life style to reduce the obesity)
- Yoga has permanent effect on obesity, which is different in nature than other techniques for obesity reduction. Weight loss is permanent but techniques should be followed regularly
For more details, please visit: Obesity Meeting 2019